We now are offering Devs Base Swag. Get yours now.
https://teespring.com/devs-base-swag
http://www.zazzle.com/devs_base

[TESTING BUILD] Evervolv 8.0

My experience....

Installation

Installed with 4.4.4 and upped the system size to 1.8G.
Once 4.4.4 had finished installing and booted, copied over the 8.0 files to Download folder.
Reset and upgraded the TWRP to the Download folder version.
Rebooted then from TWRP installed 8.0 Test Build 11-01-2017 and OpenGapps 8.0 Pico.
*** 8.0 Test Build 11-01-2017 installed but got an error trying to install the OpenGapps 8.0 Pico at the same time.
Booted 8.0 Test Build 11-01-2017, back to TWRP then successfully installed OpenGapps 8.0 Pico separately.

Operation

Speed is fine, screen buttery smooth.
When trying to connect to wifi, it connects but gives a No Internet message.
I tried to get round it with a static IP address, DNS 8.8.8.8 etc but it still didn't work. Resetting Network Settings doesn't work either.
Google Play Services and the Updater hang but given the wifi isn't working yet, I can't confirm if it isn't helping.
Have put the TP on hold until a later build.

Shows great promise though!
Last edited by BrainSuperGlue on Thu Nov 16, 2017 5:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

In addition with the wifi issue. Reading up that some routers if the time on the device is WAY out won't handshake correctly.
I went into System / Date & TIme, disabled the Automatic Date and Time (it can't get to an NTP server.... no Internet...)
The date shows as 2 Jan 1970 yet when you tap on that the calendar Mon 1 Jan 2007.
I set the date and tapped on OK but it didn't save it.
The same happened trying to set the time.

So it appears there is a date and time bug which may impact connecting to wifi.

BrainSuperGlue wrote:
Thu Nov 16, 2017 5:07 pm
In addition with the wifi issue. Reading up that some routers if the time on the device is WAY out won't handshake correctly.
I went into System / Date & TIme, disabled the Automatic Date and Time (it can't get to an NTP server.... no Internet...)
The date shows as 2 Jan 1970 yet when you tap on that the calendar Mon 1 Jan 2007.

The Touchpad has had the WiFi compatible issues for years. It is nothing new.

Moody66 wrote:
Sat Dec 02, 2017 6:32 pm
BrainSuperGlue wrote:
Thu Nov 16, 2017 5:07 pm

The Touchpad has had the WiFi compatible issues for years. It is nothing new.
True but there is a caveat. I’ve used this Touchpad on the same router when it had a Wi-Fi connection issue back in 5.1 and that was fixed. I’ve used it with 4.4 7.0 7.1 and it’s been fine. I’d like to know what the issue was that caused the 5.1 issue.

Either way, not having the ability to set the correct date doesn’t help.

BSG.

Peyton wrote:
Fri Dec 01, 2017 5:28 pm
Great to see our tab running 8 ! Thanks a lot !

no more beta yet ?

Any interest in 8.0 Go ? It is specify for 1GB RAM devices as i read. :)
Hi, I was thinking the same. Now 8.1 source is out with GO and it would be the next cornerstone for our super tablet :) Do we benefit from project treble? What to you think about the GO and project treble, Flintman?

And by the way Flintman, you are a hero :)

Return to “HP Touchpad (tenderloin)”