We now are offering Devs Base Swag. Get yours now.
https://teespring.com/devs-base-swag
http://www.zazzle.com/devs_base

[OFFICIAL] Dirty Unicorns 11 -- Angler

Hook wrote:
Sun Aug 20, 2017 2:13 pm
Josh, just wanted to post a last big thank you before the forum closed. Just did a clean install (semi-clean-- no internal memory wipe ;) ) and as pretty much always it is smooth as silk. I will be using this until the first stable DU-O appears. The experience you and Alex and the others have brought to my use of Android over the past 3 or so years on, first, my Nexus 5, and now my Nexus 6p has been incredible. You folks are amazing. The quality control and reliability you provide for the Android experience is far and away from any other Android effort, including Google's own. I hope my 6p keeps going for a long while, but DU support will always be a top item in considering a new phone. Thank you and everyone on the team for the unbelievable effort you folks put into this.

I happily await the next chapter. Cheers! :beer:
It was my pleasure, but don't worry.. you guys are in good hands with Nacho.

Re: [OFFICIAL] Dirty Unicorns 11 -- Angler

I'm not very fond of my Nexus 6p because of this. Performance is sometimes good and sometimes very bad. IMHO the Device heats up rather quickly especially with Music, surfing etc. at the same time, resulting in cores going offline. Horrible SoC.
May also be because my device broke for the second Time resulting in a Bootloop of Death where the Big Cluster is broken(?).
DU N on the 6p however was great and the only good thing about this device in the end. Otherwise I'm holding out for the Pixel 2 and see what that brings.

Gesendet von meinem SHIELD Tablet K1 mit Tapatalk

chowhound wrote:
Tue Aug 29, 2017 6:48 pm
Is anyone else experiencing cores 4-7 becoming disabled over time? I occasionally notice things becoming laggy and if I check EX Kernel Manager only cores 0-3 are enabled.

This is a clean install of 11.7 w/unicornblood.
This only occurs when the device heats up to a point that the thermal driver takes control in order to cool down, which obviously impacts performance. However, there's not much one could do in this scenario -- it's a limitation of the SoC, not an issue with the build and/or kernel.

You mean like it doesn't work? I'm guessing you are trying to call a favorite with more than one number?

Nothing to do with the Rom, Google fucked up again I noticed that myself, it's the latest phone app which got distributed for many in the last few days. Went neck to the version before which works.
I think they have no QA or they are somewhere in the Basement where nobody cares about them.

Gesendet von meinem Nexus 6P mit Tapatalk

Dmx wrote:You mean like it doesn't work? I'm guessing you are trying to call a favorite with more than one number?

Nothing to do with the Rom, Google fucked up again I noticed that myself, it's the latest phone app which got distributed for many in the last few days. Went neck to the version before which works.
I think they have no QA or they are somewhere in the Basement where nobody cares about them.

Gesendet von meinem Nexus 6P mit Tapatalk
You are so right I just rolled back to the last version and now it works. Sorry about that should have assumed Google screwed it up like always. Thanks.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Devs Base mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Been wonder about the google dialer app the last few days. Good to see it isn't any conflict with what I have loaded but not good to see that Google is losing it. I feel like ever since their move to the pixel line they have changed their priorities and the company no longer resembles what I initially loved about it. I wish there was more competition than Apple as there is no way I am ever owning an Apple product.

Sigh... at least we have these super amazing custom ROMs like Dirty Unicorns. I feel sorry for people that are stuck on stock Android.
The Good: Google Nexus 6P - 32GB - Black - Adopted Case - Dirty Unicorns - Unicornblood Kernel
The Bad: Shitty mic since 7.x.x updates

Return to “Nexus 6P (angler)”