We now are offering Devs Base Swag. Get yours now.
https://teespring.com/devs-base-swag
http://www.zazzle.com/devs_base

[NIGHTLIES] Evervolv 7.1

johnbelloh wrote:
Thu Sep 14, 2017 9:05 pm
I posted this a few days ago on 4G. It appears no one is following the 4G thread. I'll repost here. I just found a brand new sealed in the box 4G touchpad. I have been using a number of touchpads since 2011. I am currently using the latest 8/31 nightly builds on two standard touchpads. It took me 2 days to wake up the battery on the new 4g model. Heating it up with a heating pad while on the charger finally did the trick. I cleared out web OS and did a clean install of the 8/31 4G rom. I am a pilot and have the Avare navigation app installed and running. My question is how do I turn on the internal GPS with Evervolv? Any help would be appreciated. The Avare app works perfectly except for not seeing the GPS.
Which carrier's sim card did you use in it?

NT

[NIGHTLIES] Evervolv 7.1

NT - Thanks for the quick response. I have a T-Mobile sim I moved from my S5 with an adapter. I was hoping the Avare AP wound use the internal hardware GPS and run without the sim. I purchased the 4G touchpad because it has internal A-GPS. Avare works on my S5. I was hoping I could use this brand new touchpad just for navigation in my antique non-electric Luscombe 8A.

[NIGHTLIES] Evervolv 7.1

elginsk8r wrote:
Fri Sep 15, 2017 1:49 am
@flintman is the only one i know with the device. he may have some input on the gps
I also have several 4G TPs and was never able to use the GPS. I also have posted a similar question in the past on how to use GPS with an app (that may have been over at XDA), but there never was a response. On my first 4G TP, I have had an app in WebOS which worked with GPS. So I know at least the hardware is OK. But never got it running in Evervolvs ROM.

As a workarond I have used a bluetooth GPS mouse instead. But therefore one would need an app which is able to pull the GPS data from an external bluetooth device even if the internal GPS device is reported from Android as "available".

Maybe @flintman can have a look why the internal GPS is not working with apps like LOCUS or something similar. That would be *GREAT*! :-)

[NIGHTLIES] Evervolv 7.1

It has been 19 days since a nightly update. Is 8/31 the last? I have a question for the developers. In my attempts to improve the performance of this rom I have increased the cache partition beyond the recommended 200MB. Will the system use it? I think I am seeing some improvement over time though it could be my imagination. Limiting background tasks to 2 definitely helps. While I am on the subject of performance, do you developers have a recommended selection for the toolbox performance settings. In reading through all the previous posts it appears to be a random trial approach. In my past experience with much older operating systems it appears to me this application is starved for memory, hence my attempt at increasing cache. Just my intuitive two cents.

[NIGHTLIES] Evervolv 7.1

johnbelloh wrote:
Wed Sep 20, 2017 12:28 am
It has been 19 days since a nightly update. Is 8/31 the last? I have a question for the developers. In my attempts to improve the performance of this rom I have increased the cache partition beyond the recommended 200MB. Will the system use it? I think I am seeing some improvement over time though it could be my imagination. Limiting background tasks to 2 definitely helps. While I am on the subject of performance, do you developers have a recommended selection for the toolbox performance settings. In reading through all the previous posts it appears to be a random trial approach. In my past experience with much older operating systems it appears to me this application is starved for memory, hence my attempt at increasing cache. Just my intuitive two cents.
Install Quick System Info Pro, it will show you how much is being used. Full disclosure, I am running a Sullin's CM11 Rom, and QSIP shows I I have 192mb free out of 200mb . So it looks like increasing it to more than what is recommended is not necessary.

NT

[NIGHTLIES] Evervolv 7.1

Anyone flashed this 9-24 ROM? Seems to have nothing relevant, but I am thinking that EVERYTHING doesn't ALWAYS make it to the changelog?

Sorry for my absence I have been very busy overseeing construction at my house and painting entire house.

I'll try to be around more.

Going to try it on one tablet.

[NIGHTLIES] Evervolv 7.1

I went ahead and applied the 9/24, and it is rolling, but I still see the August 5, 2017 Android Security Patch Level, so I am keeping BT off.
So of all my phones and android devices, the only one that has a shot at the BlueBorne BT fix will be this old Touchpad!

[NIGHTLIES] Evervolv 7.1

lip wrote:
Tue Sep 26, 2017 12:46 am
Anyone flashed this 9-24 ROM? Seems to have nothing relevant, but I am thinking that EVERYTHING doesn't ALWAYS make it to the changelog?

Sorry for my absence I have been very busy overseeing construction at my house and painting entire house.

I'll try to be around more.

Going to try it on one tablet.
the changelogs are fairly accurate. unless the changes are from a repo we dont host on github

Return to “HP Touchpad (tenderloin)”