We now are offering Devs Base Swag. Get yours now.
https://teespring.com/devs-base-swag
http://www.zazzle.com/devs_base

Re: [NIGHTLIES] Evervolv 7.1

Thanks for the hints, NT. I've already logged in to look at all the wifi settings I could see. And they look normal. To complicate matters, my Samsung S5 phone can see and connect reliably to the 5G, while both TP and a Windows 7 laptop cannot. One brief time I got one of the TP to see, but not able to connect to, the 5G. The 5G broadcast disappeared after about 10 minutes, not to be seen again since. I've restarted the router several times and the phone immediately reconnects to 5G automatically and holds on extremely well, no drops, strong signal. The guest channels are disabled, but I briefly enabled the 5G guest account... Still not detected even when within 3 feet from router. {argh!} Maybe it is defective. I've tried several wifi analyzers and don't see anything on the TPs, even from neighbors. Could my TP 5G radio receiver be defective or turned off via some arcane setting?

Sent from my Touchpad using Tapatalk

[NIGHTLIES] Evervolv 7.1

GlobalTraveler5565 wrote:
Sat Sep 09, 2017 2:40 am
Thanks for the hints, NT. I've already logged in to look at all the wifi settings I could see. And they look normal. To complicate matters, my Samsung S5 phone can see and connect reliably to the 5G, while both TP and a Windows 7 laptop cannot. One brief time I got one of the TP to see, but not able to connect to, the 5G. The 5G broadcast disappeared after about 10 minutes, not to be seen again since. I've restarted the router several times and the phone immediately reconnects to 5G automatically and holds on extremely well, no drops, strong signal. The guest channels are disabled, but I briefly enabled the 5G guest account... Still not detected even when within 3 feet from router. {argh!} Maybe it is defective. I've tried several wifi analyzers and don't see anything on the TPs, even from neighbors. Could my TP 5G radio receiver be defective or turned off via some arcane setting?

I've got a Netgear WNDR4500 running DD-WRT v3.0-r31221 giga (02/01/17).
All but one of my TP's see the 5G band. Laptops and mobile phones do also. The one thing I've noticed is that it is dog slow, so I've stayed with the 2.4 band.
Over the years one thing that AT&T routers/modems have is a tendency to not follow standards and do there own thing in order to 'enhance the users experience...' bleh!
That might be where the problem lies.

_mr

[NIGHTLIES] Evervolv 7.1

TouchPads are strictly WiFi on or off. Your laptop may not support 5G. My Dell doesn't. Middle_Road might be right. I did not catch that you have an AT&T router. I would still call their customer service.

NT

Re: [NIGHTLIES] Evervolv 7.1

nevertells2 wrote:

TouchPads are strictly WiFi on or off. Your laptop may not support 5G. My Dell doesn't. Middle_Road might be right. I did not catch that you have an AT&T router. I would still call their customer service.

NT
Good news! Hurricane Irma came through GA yesterday and knocked my power for 14 hours. When restarting everything from scratch, the TP now sees and connects reliably to the 5GHz channels. It also cleared another problem I was having with backup sync to one of the Windows 7 servers. Go figure... Thanks for your advice and patience.

[NIGHTLIES] Evervolv 7.1

I posted this a few days ago on 4G. It appears no one is following the 4G thread. I'll repost here. I just found a brand new sealed in the box 4G touchpad. I have been using a number of touchpads since 2011. I am currently using the latest 8/31 nightly builds on two standard touchpads. It took me 2 days to wake up the battery on the new 4g model. Heating it up with a heating pad while on the charger finally did the trick. I cleared out web OS and did a clean install of the 8/31 4G rom. I am a pilot and have the Avare navigation app installed and running. My question is how do I turn on the internal GPS with Evervolv? Any help would be appreciated. The Avare app works perfectly except for not seeing the GPS.

Return to “HP Touchpad (tenderloin)”