We now are offering Devs Base Swag. Get yours now.
https://teespring.com/devs-base-swag
http://www.zazzle.com/devs_base

Re: [RC] Dirty Unicorns 11 -- Shamu

Wavedashdoc wrote:
Moepda wrote: New Rc build online - du_shamu-v11.6-20170816-0857-RC.zip (474.4mb)

** UPDATE 160817 - Omnisubs/theme commits included but a WIP - find in settings and substratum app **

Nearing the end with official build 180817 so feedback is needed on battery life idle + active , usage in general or any issues you may have encountered...

** Check gerrit for details of open and merged commits ( everything included thats device/rom specific except snap camera . -1, -2 or XX commits ) **

Du updater or https://download.dirtyunicorns.com/down ... 857-RC.zip
I seem to be having the high battery draining Bluetooth bug again. (Even after a clean flash) haven't blocked any settings in AppOps and I made sure to disable Bluetooth scanning.
Screenshot_20170817-132046.png
Screenshot_20170817-132040.png
Sent from my Nexus 6 using Devs Base mobile app powered by Tapatalk
Now at almost 50% battery used from Bluetooth. (As reported by the battery stats)

Wavedashdoc wrote:
Wavedashdoc wrote: I seem to be having the high battery draining Bluetooth bug again. (Even after a clean flash) haven't blocked any settings in AppOps and I made sure to disable Bluetooth scanning.
Screenshot_20170817-132046.png
Screenshot_20170817-132040.png
Now at almost 50% battery used from Bluetooth. (As reported by the battery stats)

Do you usually get more than 15 or 16 hours from one charge with normal usage?

I truly think that Bluetooth "bug" is just cosmetic...

Unless it really keeps you phone awake... And for that you'd need BBS or wakelock detector...

And if your phone is awake for 15 hours and doesn't die... You're doing something right... Because I can't touch that with a tenfoot pole

RiGNFooL wrote:
Wavedashdoc wrote: Now at almost 50% battery used from Bluetooth. (As reported by the battery stats)

Do you usually get more than 15 or 16 hours from one charge with normal usage?

I truly think that Bluetooth "bug" is just cosmetic...

Unless it really keeps you phone awake... And for that you'd need BBS or wakelock detector...

And if your phone is awake for 15 hours and doesn't die... You're doing something right... Because I can't touch that with a tenfoot pole
I checked AppOps and it showed Bluetooth Share keeping the device awake 0s ago all day. Anyone else able to confirm that theirs shows this too?

[RC] Dirty Unicorns 11 -- Shamu

@Moepda Everything has been running great. I haven't experienced any drain because of Bluetooth. I tried using Bluetooth headset and when I did I only had it turned on for the amount of time I was listening to a podcast using the headset. There were no indication of usage of Bluetooth before or after so everything seems alright on my device. The kernel runs great and so does the ROM. If this was the last DU nougat build I would be satisfied. I will of course clean flash where I format the entire device including the internal storage before I flash the Official. Thank you so much Mark for the amazing work you have done!

Arju wrote:@Moepda Everything has been running great. I haven't experienced any drain because of Bluetooth. I tried using Bluetooth headset and when I did I only had it turned on for the amount of time I was listening to a podcast using the headset. There were no indication of usage of Bluetooth before or after so everything seems alright on my device. The kernel runs great and so does the ROM. If this was the last DU nougat build I would be satisfied. I will of course clean flash where I format the entire device including the internal storage before I flash the Official. Thank you so much Mark for the amazing work you have done!
I clean flashed again, this time with open gapps stock latest package. No Bluetooth drain after leaving the phone unplugged all night.

Edit: only thing that consistently fails after awhile is always on Okay Google. Works for about a day, then stops. Seems to be linked to updating either; Google play services, system webview or Google itself.

[RC] Dirty Unicorns 11 -- Shamu

So with official build 11.7 now online this brings a close to nougat builds (rc,weekly,official) Bear in mind if on latest 2 rc builds that the official build does not have omnisubs/theme commits included , anything thats unmerged isnt on the official , last rc and official are 99% identical so choice is yours .

hopefully O wont be long and will work on shamu so i will be back then i hope !!!!

Thanks to you all for your support here and in testing and on G+ , here's to shamu on 0 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mark

IvanCampos wrote:
Ocelotofwoe wrote:What happened to the built in calendar widget? Does Google calendar overwrite it? I didn't think it used to. I'm on the 8-16 rc. Thanks!

Sent from Nexus 6
Depends on which gapps you used.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Devs Base mobile app powered by Tapatalk
Beans mini gapps July 25th or Open gapps Micro August 19th. I switched to Open 8-19 from Beans hoping that the gapps was the issue. Widget is still missing.

Sent from Nexus 6

Return to “Nexus 6 (shamu)”