We now are offering Devs Base Swag. Get yours now.
https://teespring.com/devs-base-swag
http://www.zazzle.com/devs_base

[NIGHTLIES] Evervolv 7.1 black screen on recents [temp fix]

elginsk8r wrote:
Sat Aug 12, 2017 5:42 am
add the following to your build.prop
persist.sys.force_highendgfx=true

the reason being is because we cleaned up some flags and removed one that adds the nice graphics along with a low ram setup.

[EDIT] This will be fixed in tomorrow's build, along with the keyboard crashing. seems we need an overlay for touchpad but not for my other device.

The build.prop entry just works like a charm! Thank you @elginsk8r!

elginsk8r wrote:

the reason being is because we cleaned up some flags and removed one that adds the nice graphics along with a low ram setup.

[EDIT] This will be fixed in tomorrow's build, along with the keyboard crashing. seems we need an overlay for touchpad but not for my other device.

Thanks elginsk8r,
That solved the transparency problem for me too.

Re: [NIGHTLIES] Evervolv 7.1 black screen on recents [temp fix]

elginsk8r wrote:add the following to your build.prop

Ok, give us a hint where this file is found. I searched from the root directory ("/") through all directories using several file manager apps without success. Is it hidden or protected special to protect against me messing with it? Or should I just wait u til the next release to repair this defect?

[NIGHTLIES] Evervolv 7.1

BGrosse,

Thanks for confirming. I just haven't wanted to go through all the bother involved. I need to do some resetting, anyway, I'll be opening up another still-in-box TouchPad (lol) pretty soon here because my daughter's actually experienced flash death. I have yet to see a TP on Android > 4 last longer than a bit over a day off charge even at idle. My 4G does not have a SIM installed (i use it because one day I intend to get a SIM or a SIM Adapter so I can use my existing one), I wonder if that might be playing hell with it.

---

I just had a total system freeze on it, after about 3 days of sitting here idling on the touchstone. After I rebooted, the WiFi didn't come up until I rebooted for a second time. :-S This is on 8/4, I think, I'm going to upgrade it to latest just as soon as it's done installing app updates.

Re: [NIGHTLIES] Evervolv 7.1 black screen on recents [temp fix]

New 08-12 build worked like a charm. No more graphics issue.

I would revert to 07-21 build everytime, after trying daily builds for the last 3 weeks. Finally, it's time has come to say good-bye to 07-21 build.

Thank you Evervolv team!

Sent from my A0001 using Devs Base mobile app powered by Tapatalk

GlobalTraveler5565 wrote:
Sat Aug 12, 2017 6:08 pm

Ok, give us a hint where this file is found. I searched from the root directory ("/") through all directories using several file manager apps without success. Is it hidden or protected special to protect against me messing with it? Or should I just wait u til the next release to repair this defect?
Just download Build Prop Editor by Jrummy Apps and edit your little heart out.

NT

GlobalTraveler5565 wrote:
Sat Aug 12, 2017 6:08 pm

the filepath is /system/build.prop

elginsk8r wrote:

On 8/12 build and the transparency is fixed as expected, thank you @elginsk8r!

Return to “HP Touchpad (tenderloin)”