We now are offering Devs Base Swag. Get yours now.
https://teespring.com/devs-base-swag
http://www.zazzle.com/devs_base

[RC] Dirty Unicorns 11 -- Shamu

The latest build seems great. Haven't run into any issues. Idle drain seems fine, battery life seems fine. The phone seems quick and fluid. @Moepda let me know if there is anything else you want me to test. My new battery will be here on Monday so I'll swap it out after work and after the children has fallen aspleep.

Re: [RC] Dirty Unicorns 11 -- Shamu

Arju wrote:The latest build seems great. Haven't run into any issues. Idle drain seems fine, battery life seems fine. The phone seems quick and fluid. @Moepda let me know if there is anything else you want me to test. My new battery will be here on Monday so I'll swap it out after work and after the children has fallen aspleep.
Make sure when you peel the back cover off you do not break the ribbon that works the power and volume buttons...

YOU DO NOT HAVE TO DISCONNECT THAT PLUG... Just move it out of the way... And make sure you don't jab it when peeling the back off...

[RC] Dirty Unicorns 11 -- Shamu

RiGNFooL wrote:
Sat Aug 12, 2017 2:40 pm
Make sure when you peel the back cover off you do not break the ribbon that works the power and volume buttons...

YOU DO NOT HAVE TO DISCONNECT THAT PLUG... Just move it out of the way... And make sure you don't jab it when peeling the back off...
Thanks for the advice. I'll be super careful on that side of the device. I have all the tools I need to do this operation and I think I watched all the nexus 6 battery replacement videos probably 10 times and will watch them again so that I'm sure that I do not nudge the ribbons. All advice helps. Better safe than sorry, so thank you!

Arju wrote:
RiGNFooL wrote:
Sat Aug 12, 2017 2:40 pm

Thanks for the advice. I'll be super careful on that side of the device. I have all the tools I need to do this operation and I think I watched all the nexus 6 battery replacement videos probably 10 times and will watch them again so that I'm sure that I do not nudge the ribbons. All advice helps. Better safe than sorry, so thank you!
That thing is a right cunt to put back... I bought 3 trying to fix it after I ate it with the spudger...

I had to take it to a cell repair shop to have delicate hands fix it... But just that plug...

Arju wrote:
RiGNFooL wrote:
Sat Aug 12, 2017 4:14 pm
That thing is a right cunt to put back... I bought 3 trying to fix it after I ate it with the spudger...

I had to take it to a cell repair shop to have delicate hands fix it... But just that plug...
Dang that sounds cumbersome. The youtube videos makes it seems so easy.
You just have to be patient with it. Give yourself around 2 hours with no interruptions. Continually check the videos to make sure you're following the steps. I did disconnect the power and volume button cord since I didn't want to risk it being in the way when working with the battery. It took awhile to reconnect the extremely tiny ribbon cable, I used 2 tweezers to hold the connector and the cable to bring them together. Again, I can't stress enough to slowly peel the sides up. Stick those playing cards in just slightly, and make sure the plastic chassis doesn't snap off and come with the back plate.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Devs Base mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Arju wrote:
RiGNFooL wrote:
Sat Aug 12, 2017 4:14 pm

Dang that sounds cumbersome. The youtube videos makes it seems so easy.
Truthfully... Other than that wire... It took me about 20 minutes to do the repair...

I broke the little white clip off... And on the new ones... I almost split the ribbon coming off the power and volume buttons...

My meathooks are good for beating on big pieces of steel... Not messing with itty bitty clips... So I was at a disadvantage...

The guy who put it back for me had danty little hands and an "80's recreational substance" fingernail and it took him about 2 minutes to finish what I couldn't...

Return to “Nexus 6 (shamu)”