We now are offering Devs Base Swag. Get yours now.
https://teespring.com/devs-base-swag
http://www.zazzle.com/devs_base

[TESTING BUILD] Evervolv 8.0

Let me know if anyone had those wifi issues. It also showed up when installing gapps. you could connect to google servers so couldn't complete startup.

Test Build 11-01-2017 -< fixes some issues with wifi. I had issues with a new network in my house to connect to my router it would connect but i couldn't ping any HTTPS site only HTTP.. Also a few other updates. Let me know also played with some memory pools was noticing we were running out.

flintman wrote:
Wed Nov 01, 2017 8:46 pm
Let me know if anyone had those wifi issues. It also showed up when installing gapps. you could connect to google servers so couldn't complete startup.

Test Build 11-01-2017 -< fixes some issues with wifi. I had issues with a new network in my house to connect to my router it would connect but i couldn't ping any HTTPS site only HTTP.. Also a few other updates. Let me know also played with some memory pools was noticing we were running out.
Edit
Hi Flintman thanks for the updated testing build, here we go again:D. Still having some system ui crashes. Power drain doesn't seem to register properly can't get a proper reading with 3C battery monitor widget. It records a few readings then just stops, lowest reading was -3ma highest -784ma. Got a decent score with Antutu benchmark and was able to play Beloko games Homeworld for a bit. Audio was good but graphics were a little lagged. I noticed I can’t manually set the time and date, today is Jan 1, 1970. I can see my Logitech Bluetooth keyboard but can't seem to pair with it successfully. So far looking real good for a testing build, keep up the great work.
Last edited by RolandDeschain79 on Wed Nov 08, 2017 4:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I had done a clean install with the gapps you suggested and didn't have any problems with wifi except that it was greyed as mentioned but still connected. With dirty install of new build, all my Google apps have failed, cannot even see the play store app or play services, and pop ups that the g-board and calendar have stopped. Wifi is still connecting just fine so far. While system UI still stops with most recent app button presses, now it seem to come back without restarting the touchpad. It worked so well for me with the first build as far as speed, that i see a lot of potential in this build. Keep trying.....Thanks Flintman!!

pdhartog wrote:
Sat Nov 04, 2017 7:11 pm
I had done a clean install with the gapps you suggested and didn't have any problems with wifi except that it was greyed as mentioned but still connected. With dirty install of new build, all my Google apps have failed, cannot even see the play store app or play services, and pop ups that the g-board and calendar have stopped. Wifi is still connecting just fine so far. While system UI still stops with most recent app button presses, now it seem to come back without restarting the touchpad. It worked so well for me with the first build as far as speed, that i see a lot of potential in this build. Keep trying.....Thanks Flintman!!
Dirty flash requires installing gapps again. There is no backup tool yet for Oreo so any updates will require a flash of gapps.

RolandDeschain79 wrote:
Thu Nov 02, 2017 9:32 pm
flintman wrote:
Wed Nov 01, 2017 8:46 pm

Hi Flintman thanks for the updated testing build, here we go again:D. My WiFi connects to the router but says there's no internet access, couldn't get google play going. Still having some system ui crashes. Power drain doesn't seem to register properly can't get a proper reading with 3C battery monitor widget. It records a few readings then just stops, lowest reading was -3ma highest -784ma. Got a decent score with Antutu benchmark and was able to play Beloko games Homeworld for a bit. Audio was good but graphics were a little lagged. I noticed I can’t manually set the time and date, today is Jan 1, 1970. I can see my Logitech Bluetooth keyboard but can't seem to pair with it successfully. So far looking real good for a testing build, keep up the great work.
Odd on your connection with wifi. Can you connect to evervolv.com via broswer? Are you on a clean install? Can you grab some logs.

flintman wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2017 12:24 pm
RolandDeschain79 wrote:
Thu Nov 02, 2017 9:32 pm

Hi Flintman thanks for the updated testing build, here we go again:D. My WiFi connects to the router but says there's no internet access, couldn't get google play going. Still having some system ui crashes. Power drain doesn't seem to register properly can't get a proper reading with 3C battery monitor widget. It records a few readings then just stops, lowest reading was -3ma highest -784ma. Got a decent score with Antutu benchmark and was able to play Beloko games Homeworld for a bit. Audio was good but graphics were a little lagged. I noticed I can’t manually set the time and date, today is Jan 1, 1970. I can see my Logitech Bluetooth keyboard but can't seem to pair with it successfully. So far looking real good for a testing build, keep up the great work.
Odd on your connection with wifi. Can you connect to evervolv.com via broswer? Are you on a clean install? Can you grab some logs.
Thanks for the reply I've figured out the problem it was the most confounding thing. When I tried to clean install Oreo over Kitkat via recovery the Wifi would be broken. After restoring and updating my Nougat build I clean installed from recovery and it was fine. I even flashed back to kitiat and then tried again with the same odd result. WiFi is working fine now back to testing cheers

flintman wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2017 12:22 pm
pdhartog wrote:
Sat Nov 04, 2017 7:11 pm
Dirty flash requires installing gapps again. There is no backup tool yet for Oreo so any updates will require a flash of gapps.

I did reflash the new version along with Gapps and now i cannot see any of my wifi points at all, both 2.4 and 5GHZ. Although i can see other peoples wifi...very weird. Did a factory reset from TWRP and my wifi is back again, but still no google apps. Tried open gapps mini 8.0, just to see if there was something wrong with my gapps version and while the store appeared, it wouldnt connect. Another factory reset and get to the blue setup screen and get the setup Wizard that keeps stopping. Going to try installing build 1 again...see what happens +

EDIT still cannot get Google services to connect, not sure how i managed to get it to work the first time...i tried to follow my steps exactly

Few other things i have found:

Cannot factory reset tablet from Menu -- nothing happens
Can install amazon appstore but it will not allow amazon to install apps. It doesn't show up in the list of apps that can install from unknown sources. EDIT on reinstall was able to get this to work
Also rooting seems harder, i was using an old version of Super Su 2.46 and updating when i got in but just says binary occupied....installing new version doesn't seem to work either....root management disappears from the menu....any suggestions for that?

pdhartog wrote:
Fri Nov 10, 2017 2:54 pm
flintman wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2017 12:22 pm

I did reflash the new version along with Gapps and now i cannot see any of my wifi points at all, both 2.4 and 5GHZ. Although i can see other peoples wifi...very weird. Did a factory reset from TWRP and my wifi is back again, but still no google apps. Tried open gapps mini 8.0, just to see if there was something wrong with my gapps version and while the store appeared, it wouldnt connect. Another factory reset and get to the blue setup screen and get the setup Wizard that keeps stopping. Going to try installing build 1 again...see what happens +

EDIT still cannot get Google services to connect, not sure how i managed to get it to work the first time...i tried to follow my steps exactly

Few other things i have found:

Cannot factory reset tablet from Menu -- nothing happens
Can install amazon appstore but it will not allow amazon to install apps. It doesn't show up in the list of apps that can install from unknown sources. EDIT on reinstall was able to get this to work
Also rooting seems harder, i was using an old version of Super Su 2.46 and updating when i got in but just says binary occupied....installing new version doesn't seem to work either....root management disappears from the menu....any suggestions for that?
Dirty flashing the newer build seemed to cause WiFi issues for me as well, after that not even a clean install from recovery would fix it. Try restoring a Nougat backup and then clean installing the latest build and Pico gapps from recovery, that worked for me. However after system ui crashes the play services stopped working and I had to reflash to fix it. I wouldn't mess with the SU permissions yet too many possible complications.

Well, blew everything apart and did a complete data reset on touchpad toolbox, changed file system to f2fs, and used doublestuffs method of flashing the 11.01 version and pico gapps, (thanks doublestuff)and so far so good, signed into google to setup and downloading my apps from the google play store, gonna keep checking it out

Return to “HP Touchpad (tenderloin)”