We now are offering Devs Base Swag. Get yours now.
https://teespring.com/devs-base-swag
http://www.zazzle.com/devs_base

[NIGHTLIES] Evervolv 7.1

sdemun

[NIGHTLIES] Evervolv 7.1

Fri May 19, 2017 4:04 pm

dsmturbo wrote:
Thu May 11, 2017 9:54 pm
gsolis31 wrote:
Wed May 10, 2017 5:17 am
Thanks @flintman and @elginsk8r!

I just flashed the 3.1 TWRP that works with SuperSU (used the link in the thread to flash 2.4 and Play Store upgraded that to 2.7).

I'm on 5/8 and with 3C Toolbox, have been using the script to set the background processes to 2 on boot and I am very happy with the general performance of this almost 6 year old tablet! For my limited surfing, lightest of gaming, and streaming, it's perfectly fine. Thank you Devs and everyone else who posts in this thread. :)
Okay, maybe it is just me but I still find my TP painfully slow running this rom. Perhaps it is the settings I am using but I have followed recommendations from others here. I am running latest nightly and SKZ Kernel. Is 3C Toolbox to be used instead of Kernel Aduitor and the Toolbox settings in the rom for performance.

I will try and jot down the settings I am using at present. And a Big thanks to devs, Evervolv team, Flintman and elginsk8r. I hope to get this old machine to be somewhat useable with V7.1.2
I have found that when I try to use the SKZ kernel I get a lot of lag and freezes. However, I do not see these issues at all with the stock Evervolv Kernel. So for me SKZ is out.... For now anyway :)
nevertells2

[NIGHTLIES] Evervolv 7.1

Fri May 19, 2017 4:38 pm

sdemun wrote:
Fri May 19, 2017 4:04 pm
dsmturbo wrote:
Thu May 11, 2017 9:54 pm

Okay, maybe it is just me but I still find my TP painfully slow running this rom. Perhaps it is the settings I am using but I have followed recommendations from others here. I am running latest nightly and SKZ Kernel. Is 3C Toolbox to be used instead of Kernel Aduitor and the Toolbox settings in the rom for performance.

I will try and jot down the settings I am using at present. And a Big thanks to devs, Evervolv team, Flintman and elginsk8r. I hope to get this old machine to be somewhat useable with V7.1.2
I have found that when I try to use the SKZ kernel I get a lot of lag and freezes. However, I do not see these issues at all with the stock Evervolv Kernel. So for me SKZ is out.... For now anyway :)
Same here. When I upgraded for an older Rom to 5/18, they appear to have stopped. Flashing the newer Rom replaced the kernel and found that out when I checked settings.

NT
nevertells2

[NIGHTLIES] Evervolv 7.1

Fri May 19, 2017 4:44 pm

Here is another thing I have found with this Rom. I have not seen it mentioned, so it's either my TP or a setting that needs changed. I cannot get the mic to work. Anyone else having this problem?
NT
Last edited by nevertells2 on Fri May 19, 2017 4:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.
nevertells2

[NIGHTLIES] Evervolv 7.1

Fri May 19, 2017 4:50 pm

sdemun wrote:
Fri May 19, 2017 4:00 pm
nevertells2 wrote:
Fri May 19, 2017 3:37 pm
One thing I have found about Evervolv Nougat 7.1.1 that worked in CM builds but not this one. I prefer to wake up my TP by using the home button, but with Evervolv Nougat build, it does not work. I am a firm believer that you risk a possible brick of your tablet when using the power button in certain situations to wake it up. If getting the home button to work to wake up the TouchPad, it would be great. Thanks

NT
I too use only the Home Button to wake my TP's. I have found in these newest builds that you have to go into the Evervolv Toolbox options and enable to option for "Home Button Wake" Hope this helps
That was it, Thank you very much!

NT
sdemun

[NIGHTLIES] Evervolv 7.1

Fri May 19, 2017 4:57 pm

nevertells2 wrote:
Fri May 19, 2017 4:50 pm
sdemun wrote:
Fri May 19, 2017 4:00 pm

I too use only the Home Button to wake my TP's. I have found in these newest builds that you have to go into the Evervolv Toolbox options and enable to option for "Home Button Wake" Hope this helps
That was it, Thank you very much!

NT
You are very welcome! 8-)
lip

Re: [NIGHTLIES] Evervolv 7.1

Fri May 19, 2017 4:58 pm

nevertells2 wrote:
samgu wrote:
Fri May 19, 2017 2:29 pm
Your woirk is just tremendous, thank you very much for doing it!

I am testing this ROM and loving it. What is bugging me right now is that when I type, ou use touch to scroll a page, it oftens understands it as a selection. Or, when typing, it considers as if I had touched the same key twice.

I removed by screen protector, it's really old, and helped a lot, but it still happens often. Is this normal, or it my Touchpad with a bad screen?

Thks!!
Try a different keyboard like Hackers Keyboard. Don't let the name fool you, it's a great keyboard and I don't have any problems with it.

The keyboard that comes with this build is flakey.

NT
I can concur with NT on Hackkers KB. It is second to none and properly buffers even when lag is heavily in play.

I do NOT concur with NT on the persnickity post about the OP's lack of linkage for spoonfeeding purposes.

I'm of the mindset that I would much rather the dev peoples spend their precious time figuring on making these somewhat depricated tablets that have great tactile merit as the screen and speakers really make them super special media consuming devices.

Furthermore, included in that is the super duper PHATASS PHATFUK batteries on these devices that make them well worth keeping them in operation.

I've really never seen you post much mean spirited NT.......ESPECIALLY TEH DEVS??!!??

T E H D E V S ? ? ! ! ? ?

ALL YUR TABLETS ARE BELONG TO THEM!

STEP AWAY FROM THE TABLET MISTERR!

JUST PUT IT DOWN OR YOUR BAD INTENTION RADIATION WILL CRYSTALIZE THE LITHIUM ION PASTE IN YOUR BATTERY!

8)

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Yur all phielthy phlashers!!!!

Put yur pantz back on!

Bwhahahahahahahaha

/me takes on an extra snobbby british (I'm sorry I won't capitalize that we fought 1776 and 1812 to rid ourselves of them) accent and says "Tisk tisk NT oldde chap! Anger management therapy is available at the VA sir!"

Bwhahahahahahahaha

Please don't take it the wrong way man. Think of me giggling and throwing an empty beer can at your head over a bondfire as I said that. Everyone should rememmber that text is a VERY bad conveyance of intention....when using it for anything important or possibly emotionally charged or technically critical and needing absolute accuracy to be useful, please be sure to be sure your meaning and intentions are properly clairified and that any relevant detail is equally clear AND accurate.

It does service to both sides of the text.

ESPECIALLY in regards to a thread such as this where bugs are expected and if accurately and respectfully described, will greatly aid the devs and the ROM

Lip Lip Lip

P.S. Wrote this POST while KSFO stream ran in background with e-maill up with 500 message scroll in the inbox.

Had one incident of touchscreen sensor failure which hitting power / sleep button and then woke it with same button with no lag penalty. Went right to sleep and woke right up and I continued the post.

Seeing mild to moderate double character key bounce.

This is on the 05-18 ROM (edit...forgot to mention)

Seeing A6 firmware often needing flashing after dirty updates but I am still having the older 05/04 opengapps because I still am having the opengapps zip files not passing verification in TWRP....on all the 3 tablets I run this ROM on

BUT I haven't tried the TWRP update and superSU version update so PERHAPS when I update TWRP this weekend I can start flashing current gapps again.

Lip Lip Lip

Sent from my Touchpad using Devs Base mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Last edited by lip on Fri May 19, 2017 4:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lip

Fri May 19, 2017 5:04 pm

nevertells2 wrote:One thing I have found about Evervolv Nougat 7.1.1 that worked in CM builds but not this one. I prefer to wake up my TP by using the home button, but with Evervolv Nougat build, it does not work. I am a firm believer that you risk a possible brick of your tablet when using the power button in certain situations to wake it up. If getting the home button to work to wake up the TouchPad, it would be great. Thanks

NT
My home button wakes mine. Unlesa you mean powering it on? If I hit the power button it sleeps. If I push home it wakes, I swipe up and I get home screen

If I wake it by hitting the power button again, it wakes, I swipe up, and I get the page II was on when I put it to sleep

I press and HOLD the power button I get the restart / shutdown options.

Am I missing something NT?

LIp Lip Lip

GlobalTraveler5565

Fri May 19, 2017 5:42 pm

lip wrote:
nevertells2 wrote:One thing I have found about Evervolv Nougat 7.1.1 that worked in CM builds but not this one. I prefer to wake up my TP by using the home button, but with Evervolv Nougat build, it does not work. I am a firm believer that you risk a possible brick of your tablet when using the power button in certain situations to wake it up. If getting the home button to work to wake up the TouchPad, it would be great. Thanks

NT
My home button wakes mine. Unlesa you mean powering it on? If I hit the power button it sleeps. If I push home it wakes, I swipe up and I get home screen

If I wake it by hitting the power button again, it wakes, I swipe up, and I get the page II was on when I put it to sleep

LIp Lip Lip

Same here. I agree with Lip.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

sdemun

[NIGHTLIES] Evervolv 7.1

Fri May 19, 2017 5:56 pm

GlobalTraveler5565 wrote:
Fri May 19, 2017 5:42 pm
lip wrote: My home button wakes mine. Unlesa you mean powering it on? If I hit the power button it sleeps. If I push home it wakes, I swipe up and I get home screen

LIp Lip Lip

Same here. I agree with Lip.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk
My experience with the all of the 7.1.2 releases (and I am guessing it has been Nevertells2 experience as well), is that the Home button does not wake the TP until I go into the Evervolv toolbox options and enable the option for "Home Button Wake"

Once that option in the Toolbox has been enabled then it functions exactly as described by Lip
samgu

[NIGHTLIES] Evervolv 7.1

Fri May 19, 2017 6:53 pm

lip wrote:
Fri May 19, 2017 4:58 pm
nevertells2 wrote:
Try a different keyboard like Hackers Keyboard. Don't let the name fool you, it's a great keyboard and I don't have any problems with it.

The keyboard that comes with this build is flakey.

NT
I can concur with NT on Hackkers KB. It is second to none and properly buffers even when lag is heavily in play.

I do NOT concur with NT on the persnickity post about the OP's lack of linkage for spoonfeeding purposes.

I'm of the mindset that I would much rather the dev peoples spend their precious time figuring on making these somewhat depricated tablets that have great tactile merit as the screen and speakers really make them super special media consuming devices.

Furthermore, included in that is the super duper PHATASS PHATFUK batteries on these devices that make them well worth keeping them in operation.

I've really never seen you post much mean spirited NT.......ESPECIALLY TEH DEVS??!!??

T E H D E V S ? ? ! ! ? ?

ALL YUR TABLETS ARE BELONG TO THEM!

STEP AWAY FROM THE TABLET MISTERR!

JUST PUT IT DOWN OR YOUR BAD INTENTION RADIATION WILL CRYSTALIZE THE LITHIUM ION PASTE IN YOUR BATTERY!

8)

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Yur all phielthy phlashers!!!!

Put yur pantz back on!

Bwhahahahahahahaha

/me takes on an extra snobbby british (I'm sorry I won't capitalize that we fought 1776 and 1812 to rid ourselves of them) accent and says "Tisk tisk NT oldde chap! Anger management therapy is available at the VA sir!"

Bwhahahahahahahaha

Please don't take it the wrong way man. Think of me giggling and throwing an empty beer can at your head over a bondfire as I said that. Everyone should rememmber that text is a VERY bad conveyance of intention....when using it for anything important or possibly emotionally charged or technically critical and needing absolute accuracy to be useful, please be sure to be sure your meaning and intentions are properly clairified and that any relevant detail is equally clear AND accurate.

It does service to both sides of the text.

ESPECIALLY in regards to a thread such as this where bugs are expected and if accurately and respectfully described, will greatly aid the devs and the ROM

Lip Lip Lip

P.S. Wrote this POST while KSFO stream ran in background with e-maill up with 500 message scroll in the inbox.

Had one incident of touchscreen sensor failure which hitting power / sleep button and then woke it with same button with no lag penalty. Went right to sleep and woke right up and I continued the post.

Seeing mild to moderate double character key bounce.

Seeing A6 firmware often needing flashing after dirty updates but I am still having the older 05/04 opengapps because I still am having the opengapps zip files not passing verification in TWRP....on all the 3 tablets I run this ROM on

BUT I haven't tried the TWRP update and superSU version update so PERHAPS when I update TWRP this weekend I can start flashing current gapps again.

Lip Lip Lip

I just installed the SKZ kernel again, because I also installed the latest Nightly. Well, the double/triple "touch" started again, and it's not only when I type, but frequently when I am scrolling something. That might be a kernek situation?

Return to “HP Touchpad (tenderloin)”