We now are offering Devs Base Swag. Get yours now.
https://teespring.com/devs-base-swag
http://www.zazzle.com/devs_base

Re: [RC] - Dirty Unicorns 11.6 - (Google Pixel XL) - {marlin}

Bigal1542 wrote:I'm actually on stock. I had to upgrade to an Oreo modem to fix an issue with Pixels on the Verizon network... So I had to upgrade. Well here's to hoping for one in the future, it sure is missing a lot!

Sent from my Pixel XL using Devs Base mobile app powered by Tapatalk
I'm running stock too. It's running very well, I like it, but I'm actually preferring my Shamu with the moment since I have the latest DU running on it.

Bigal1542 wrote:Has anyone tried Benzo or Pixel Dust? Or another ROM? I realize they probably don't come close to what DU is, but just something that isn't stock to keep us busy until we might get a build.

I'm using a custom ROM, it's better than stock, but missing features and "finish". That may come in time of course! I've tried LineageOS, Pixel Dust, and Benzo. I've not yet tried crDroid (which is based on LineageOS)

dorqus wrote:
Bigal1542 wrote:Has anyone tried Benzo or Pixel Dust? Or another ROM? I realize they probably don't come close to what DU is, but just something that isn't stock to keep us busy until we might get a build.

I'm using a custom ROM, it's better than stock, but missing features and "finish". That may come in time of course! I've tried LineageOS, Pixel Dust, and Benzo. I've not yet tried crDroid (which is based on LineageOS)

Awesome! Any thoughts on your favorite/or any thoughts of the bunch? Thanks!

[RC] - Dirty Unicorns 11.6 - (Google Pixel XL) - {marlin}

Bigal1542 wrote:
Tue Jan 23, 2018 10:33 pm
dorqus wrote: I'm using a custom ROM, it's better than stock, but missing features and "finish". That may come in time of course! I've tried LineageOS, Pixel Dust, and Benzo. I've not yet tried crDroid (which is based on LineageOS)

I don't want to make it sound like I'm putting any of the ROMs down as I know that the developers worked very hard on bringing them to our devices. None of them are perfect, and none of them are horrible - LineageOS has it's own challenges for things like Viper Audio, but there are ways to do it - as far as core functionality, they are all more of less the same! Check out the threads on that other web site (You know which one I mean!) and see if one of them is a good fit - you can always back up your apps, install one of them, try it for a few days, and if you don't like it - wipe it and install another one - that's basically what I did!

dorqus wrote:
Bigal1542 wrote:
Tue Jan 23, 2018 10:33 pm

I don't want to make it sound like I'm putting any of the ROMs down as I know that the developers worked very hard on bringing them to our devices. None of them are perfect, and none of them are horrible - LineageOS has it's own challenges for things like Viper Audio, but there are ways to do it - as far as core functionality, they are all more of less the same! Check out the threads on that other web site (You know which one I mean!) and see if one of them is a good fit - you can always back up your apps, install one of them, try it for a few days, and if you don't like it - wipe it and install another one - that's basically what I did!
Thank you! So all of them were stable for you? That's my main concern (moving from DU just has me nervous, there's so many posts talking about crashes, but I chalk most up to people on that site being clueless... But still haha).

Bigal1542 wrote:
dorqus wrote: I don't want to make it sound like I'm putting any of the ROMs down as I know that the developers worked very hard on bringing them to our devices. None of them are perfect, and none of them are horrible - LineageOS has it's own challenges for things like Viper Audio, but there are ways to do it - as far as core functionality, they are all more of less the same! Check out the threads on that other web site (You know which one I mean!) and see if one of them is a good fit - you can always back up your apps, install one of them, try it for a few days, and if you don't like it - wipe it and install another one - that's basically what I did!
Thank you! So all of them were stable for you? That's my main concern (moving from DU just has me nervous, there's so many posts talking about crashes, but I chalk most up to people on that site being clueless... But still haha).

Yeah they are all stable. One ROM I was on the first version which had some fcs, but there has since been a newer version which fixed those issues. I don't think my phone rebooted or acted strange once for me with any of them to be honest.

dorqus wrote:
Bigal1542 wrote: Thank you! So all of them were stable for you? That's my main concern (moving from DU just has me nervous, there's so many posts talking about crashes, but I chalk most up to people on that site being clueless... But still haha).

Yeah they are all stable. One ROM I was on the first version which had some fcs, but there has since been a newer version which fixed those issues. I don't think my phone rebooted or acted strange once for me with any of them to be honest.

Sounds great. Thanks for the info and help!

Return to “Google Pixel XL (marlin)”